Wednesday, January 27, 2010

I Should Have Scheduled a Wax Two Weeks Ago

Did you know that you can buy Honey Bunches of Oats JUST THE BUNCHES??? This probably has made my complete month of January. I have wanted this for years and now, here I sit, a box of honey granola bunches right here in front of me. They're good to snack on...but eating it just like a cereal is Divine. Whoever finally made this possible at Post, I owe you my first born.

AND CHECK IT OUT, you can totally buy this stuff on Amazon. There is a God.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/images/B002LV6LAY/ref=dp_image_z_0?ie=UTF8&n=16310101&s=grocery

As much as I could continue rambling on about cereal, I actually did have blog topic in mind for today's post. It's something that has baffled me for the past couple years and I've thought about it quite recently so I decided to put it up here...

And forgive me the use of overgeneralization, but I don't know how else to describe this...phenomenon.

After women get married or commit to a relationship, why do they stop trying?

If you are a woman reading this, you are probably ready to point your finger into my chest and chant "How dare you! Explain yourself, you poor excuse of a woman!" If you're a man reading this, you might just be nodding your head because you know exactly what I'm talking about.

What I'm trying to ask is why do women, when the reach this point in their lives, allow themselves to let themselves go? They are so focused on looking incredible for their wedding day, but six months later, they've packed on twenty pounds, chopped off the long locks, and haven't shaved in two months (but use the excuse of making an appointment for a wax...two weeks ago). And here's hubby going "What the hell happened to the woman I married?"

Mission accomplished, ladies? No more need to impress? He's seen you at your worst, so why bother?

We all have moments in our life where physically we've let ourselves slip to a low that we shouldn't. And you might say that appearance isn't everything, but let me just explain something - this is where is starts. Once you let yourself go physically, next thing to go is your attitude and life outlook, and then you're waiting in line at the courthouse to legally change your name to Debbie Downer.

You married him, you vowed to spend the rest of your life with him, so why not show him how important he is to you by showing him how much you care about yourself? That being in your life IS worth it.

Shaving your legs and keeping up on the rest of your body is not time consuming if you keep up on it. Putting on a little make-up, styling your hair, keeping in shape, wearing clothes that flatter your body - YOU OWE IT TO YOURSELF TOO. If you feel confident and sexy, trust me, he will see you that way too.

He's already in love with you, but surprise him by making him fall in love with you all over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment