Wednesday, February 9, 2011

My Sandra Bullock

I wanted to SO blog about this yesterday, but I sat here in front of my computer for 20 minutes thinking of a creative way to break the news...I just couldn't do it. Not break the news, but creatively break the news. Neither happened.

And if I don't break the news anytime soon, this will definitely be passe (which, ohmygosh, is a total no no)...and soon you'll read the breaking news and be like "Yeah, Jenn? I knew that yesterday." Well just know I WANTED TO TELL YOU YESTERDAY.

My blogging style isn't always this way...I like to think of myself as a very versatile writer. Tomorrow I will post in diction inspired by Joseph Conrad (and I'll make sure to have the Cliffnotes version available to you).

Oh, right. News. To break.


GUYS, I MADE THE SPOKANE'S TOP MODEL TOP 40!

Now that I type that, I wonder why I couldn't do it yesterday...

First and foremost, I want to express what an honor it is to be selected for this incredible opportunity - not only as a model, but as a woman, as a person with an insatiable desire to challenge herself. This will definitely be a challenge! Bring it on!

I don't see this as just a competition among competitors. I am using this as an opportunity to compete against myself. I want to embrace a lifestyle full of health, well-being, and fitness. This is the perfect catalyst for that goal. That being said - thanks guys for planning this event for the Spring. I spy bikini body ready for the first day it hits 60!

Physique aside, this is also an opportunity for me to grow within the community - I aspire to be a better role model, a better woman, and a better friend. I am so excited to allow STM to help me become that beautiful woman I strive to be!

Tired of the pep talk? Part of why I blog about this is to help me achieve a P.M.A. (positive mental attitude). I am a very optimistic individual, but if I wrote that I wake up this way every single morning, I'd be lying. Sometimes it takes work. Sometimes it's easier to be the pessimist. Sometimes it's easier to have a negative attitude. That's life...but life is also about the ability to change that.

Life is all about change. Let's do this (okay, this is when you think about Sandra Bullock in Miss Congeniality).

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! And good for you choosing to maintain your positive mental attitude. Not many people do that today, because it's easy to be a cynic. I wholeheartedly believe in maintaining a positive outlook on life. The world needs more people who strive to make the world a better place!

    Donna

    ReplyDelete